Friday, June 1, 2012

New Beginnings - E3 Approaching.

Long distance relationships can be really difficult, especially when you almost never get to see the other person. These last few years of college were especially taxing because of such loves, but now that I'm home we have finally been reunited. I'm talking of course, about my PC.

I originally turned to MMOs in high school as an escape, but also as a form of interaction when things weren't going so great for me socially. Recently I've had the option to return to my routes. It's been liberating, and especially fun now that I have real life friends to play with. Truth be told I was particularly amped the days leading up to graduation thinking about getting home to play Diablo 3. However realizing just how dated the hardware was on my PC, which I custom built over 6 years ago, I've only been able to play a few titles until my new graphics card arrives. Now, seeing as I will be looking into building an entirely new PC in the next year or so I decided best not to break the bank. I mean, until I find a full time position somewhere, my GameStop lootpile is going to have to last me. Still, a 9800 card is far superior to my old style NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE - let's get real. Awaiting it's arrival eagerly while I anticipate being able to play D3, SWTOR, and perhaps even Tera. In the meanwhile, I've been partaking in some throwback gaming: Guild Wars, WoW and Day of Defeat. I also decided to replay Half Life 2 this month (never underestimate the power of a crowbar). GO GO GADGET GRAVITY GUN.

So I guess now that I'm home and I have free time I no longer have excuses to not be making videos. This week I welcome you to the Bat Cave. I like collecting toys. No shame here - just full on pride. You can pretty much expect a new video post every week this summer. And seeing as I'll be job hunting throughout the games industry, you can bet your behind things have the potential to get interesting. Not to mention the fact I finally set up all of my retro systems, which I cannot wait to share with all of you. Stay frosty and don't miss the next one by subscribing to my channel here. I may even upload a few videos from the E3 show floor. EXCITEBIKE!


You may be aware that E-Thrizzle is next week. Well, I am le excite, and happy to share that I already have some really swank projects on the horizon. I'm headed to LA in a few days to scope out projected titles, taking care of business (EVERY DAY) and working over time - hunting down all the best food trucks. I've also invested in some fantastic collaborations over the course of the last month - one of which involves the awesome Jane MacGonigal, as well as my recent alma mater, the University of Hartford, to bring for some newly projected content sometime in the next few months. Patience; it's a virtue.

Stay in school, cause it's the besssss. BOMBS AWAY WEST COAST.

2 comments:

Joshua Kedziora said...

I think I'm in love...

Unknown said...

Lol you're awesome. And man, got dem collectibles on tap girl! Anywy, onto the reason i stopped by. just two quick questions, what was you're major that you could get into the games industry? plus. how did Rooster Teeth pick you up? sorry to bug you on your blog, but you seem really cool so I don't think you'll mind.lol

Post a Comment